As a system signal processing expert, you take part in the development of the next generation smart sensor and smart building solutions in the internet of things domain.
What you will do
The focus of the job is the development of IoT system signal processing algorithms for radio and radar, with an impact on the choice of architectures and their implementation. You will deliver high quality research results within the IoT systems program. In this position you will:
- Define the top-level architectural structure and divide them into separate sub-blocks according to derived specification.
- System level analysis, performance studies, and evaluation of IoT communication, localization, or radar systems often in combination with AI to make them smarter and more adaptable.
- Draft innovating concepts for the signal processing blocks of the IoT systems.
- Development of algorithms and solutions for IoT systems. In specific, design of algorithms for signal processing, including synchronization, compensation, calibration, and error correction.
- Translate new insights into patent applications and publications at peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Contribute to the IoT system team discussions and interact with system experts, AI experts, analog and digital IC designers, SW stack developers.
- Contribute to the vision for the evolution of IoT systems over the next years.
- Interact with external partners as part of the second-line technical support.
- Over the years you will grow either on the scientific or on the managerial ladder.
What we do for you
By joining the IoT team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you can work on systems that make our sensors smarter and combine them in smart building applications. We drive the Internet of Things (IoT) by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- PhD degree in electrical engineering or equivalent through experience.
- Expert in signal processing with a focus on research.
- Good knowledge of state-of-the-art in IoT communication, localization, and radar and their architectures.
- Solid understanding of generic signal processing and communications theory.
- Has been involved in multi-disciplinary projects in SW and HW design.
- Radar / radio transceiver system modeling experience in Python/Matlab, Simulink, C++, in combination with signal measurement equipment.
- Experience in calibration algorithms, Compressive sensing and or Space-time adaptive processing is a plus.
- Being able to steer others that will implement ideas on FPGA hardware, or in a system-on-a-chip (SoC).
- Experience with transferring research results into development.
- Good communication skills in English.
Are you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563.
Vacature detailsSolliciteer nu