SMART Photonics is a rapidly growing, ambitious high-tech company. Join us with the photonics revolution and apply now! We are looking for a Process Engineer.
Job responsibilities and qualifications
• You are responsible for developing and improving the processes for the production of photonic components.
• Thorough knowledge and experience with thin film deposition processes (PECVD)
• Thorough knowledge and experience with grinding and polish processes (G&P)
• Develop, qualify, release and optimize thin film deposition and G&P processes
• Improve existing deposition processes in the InP wafer (pilot) fab
• Execute projects to improve yield, performance and process control
• Execute projects related to capacity expansion and process simplification
• Troubleshoot process problems and drive details of improvement project execution to enable a smooth flow of production and development wafers in the (pilot) fab.
• Execute process development and roadmap activities needed for future InP technology.
• Participate in various cross functional teams to improve yields, solve process problems, simplify procedures, processes and selection, qualification and release of new tools and processes with improved capacity and capability.
• Have a thorough understanding of various deposition processes, wet etch process, opto-mechanical systems, metrology and inspection equipment.
• You will oversee and work collaboratively with production and quality personnel assuring orders are completed on time and within specification.
• Review product requirements with the manufacturing staff to ensure compatibility of processing methods. Compile and evaluate test data to determine appropriate limits and variation for process or material specifications.
We are looking for a person who has
• Successfully completed a relevant BSc or MSc degree in Electronics, Physics, Optics, Chemistry or closely related field;
• At least 5 to 10 years of experience with process industry (thin film processes).
• Knowledge of semiconductor fabrication processes, and specific expertise in deposition and grinding & polishing.
• Affinity with photonics and/or electronics would be an advantage.
• Performs and oversees processing, inspection and metrology related functions.
• Participate in process/product development.
• Establish necessary process controls, control techniques and process metrics.
• Experience with semiconductor process development, sustaining, new process introduction and ramp to volume.
• Experience supporting a 24x7 fab operations team, writing and training of fab procedures, root cause analysis and problem resolution.
• Good communication skills to work collaboratively and thrive on accountability.
• Has excellent verbal and written communication in English.
• Has a natural independent drive to take responsibility/ownership to get the job done, stay focused and be pro-active.
• Likes lots of freedom to mold the job yourself. You have to be a selfstarter.
• Embodies cooperation and co-creation. These are key to our success.
• Is always up to date of the latest trends in the field of the semiconductor process industry.
What we offer you
• To become part of a new revolution in chip technology in the field of Photonics, like micro electronics was in de ‘70s.
• To develop with us SMART Photonics into a market leader in an entrepreneurial, dynamic environment.
• A challenging position with plenty of room for own initiatives and professional development.
• A talented group of passionate people working in an open culture.
• A competitive set of employment terms.
• Not a single boring working day.
Are you interested?
Please send your motivation letter and resume to: email@example.com attn. Yvonne Stas, HR manager. We are looking forward to your response!