Optoelectronics Engineer: Searching for an engineer with a background in optics and optoelectronics to develop new systems for free space optical communications.
Aircision is a startup based in Eindhoven, the Netherlands, developing free space optics (FSO) systems for use in backhaul within new 5G mobile networks. We are enabling the connected world, developing new systems for optical communications. Our startup has been funded by the Eindhoven Startup Alliance (ESA), which includes ASML and Philips, as well as angel investors. Our partners include multinational telecom system integrators and global research institutes, universities and innovative manufacturers.
You should have a background in optics and optoelectronics and an interest in developing new systems for free space optical communications.
- Minimum of a Postgraduate level, MSc degree or PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering where optics and optoelectronics have been part of your study or thesis program
- Project Planning and Execution skills
- Innovation and problem-solving skills
- Prepared to work together in a small dynamic team while also having the ability to work autonomously
- Able to work closely with our partners’ engineering teams
- Able to present yourself and necessary technical details to our customers
- Strong English verbal and communication skills
- Experience with development and testing of laser-based optical systems
- Working knowledge of Zemax
- Working knowledge of MatLab and/or similar lab-based data acquisition and analysis software
- Knowledge of fundamental telecommunication and free space optics concepts
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
- MSc degree or PhD in Physics or Electrical Engineering where optics and optoelectronics have been focus
- Project planning and execution skills, innovation & problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of English
- Prepared to work together in a small dynamic team while also able to work autonomously
- Desirable: Zemax and MatLab