As an Embedded SW Engineer you take part in the development of the next generation ultra-low-power wireless solutions in the internet of things domain.
What you will do
Your focus will be on developing an innovative prototype application combining the achievements from Holst Centre technology research (IC’s and sensors) with state-of-art components. You are designing embedded prototypes to show the potential of IOT sensor solutions. First you will collect the requirements from the various stakeholders. Subsequently you will start to build the application with the help of a sensor expert and other embedded hard and software engineers. In this position you will:
- Develop embedded hard- and software prototypes with gas or water sensors and a radio. A network of sensors will be interfacing to PCs, ‘the cloud’, smart phones and other portable devices.
- Implement algorithms in resource-constrained micro-controllers.
- Implement power efficient wireless communication protocols for sensor networks.
- Make system trade-offs for minimal power consumption at best performance and low cost, while keeping an eye on maintainability and re-usability.
- Create new embedded architectures (both HW and SW) for our new Imec IC’s will be a growth area for you.
- Test (automated), characterize and evaluate (parts of) the prototypes.
- Monitor performance (automated) of the prototypes in the network (and troubleshooting if needed).
- Demonstrate the prototypes.
- Take the lead for your designs on behalf of Imec in various EU projects.
- Deliver results on time in line with the roadmap.
- Actively contribute to the evolution of Ultra Low power applications for the internet of things.
What we do for you
By joining the IoT team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things (IoT) by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- BSc or MSc degree in embedded engineering.
- 4+ years of experience in low-power embedded software design.
- 2+ years of experience in programming radio nodes (Zigbee or other) for multi node networks is a plus.
- Experience in designing wireless sensor networks and electronics.
- Hands on experience with low-power embedded solutions.
- Proven can-do attitude, coming up with practical working solutions is a must.
- Broader interest in for example ranging and distance measurement is a plus.
- Good communication skills in English.
Vacature detailsSolliciteer nu