As a Data Architect you implement algorithms for Big-data applications like gas & ion sensors.
What you will do
Together with your technical colleagues you will work on a broad range of analysis problems related to gas & ion sensor design and system performance assessment. While you will mainly focus on gas & ion sensors, other sensing modalities can be expected as well.
As a Sensor Data Architect, your tasks include amongst others:
- Systems analysis, data analysis, physics-based modeling, and simulation.
- You develop new concepts and apply algorithms, perform sensor system modeling, set up experiment design, and data-driven analysis.
- About 10% of your time is spent in road mapping support, including meeting with customers, developing white papers and supporting customer proposal efforts.
- You conceptualize and produce data science and machine learning solutions to incorporate new features across our sensors and services, eventually leading to a larger, robust, and connected sensing platform.
- Contribute to development of new signal processing algorithms e.g. for calibration or drift correction, and multi-sensor data fusion techniques to enlarge lifetime of the sensors.
- In collaboration with the IoT Program Management and Business Development, you analyze and understand the potential value of data collected from connected sensor solutions.
- You work with the technical teams to optimize the arrangement and data capture of sensors and to develop software to analyze the status our sensor devices.
- In close interaction with imec University groups you identify how their work (artificial intelligence, data science, deep learning algorithms) can be used and directed to support our sensor applications.
What we do for you
By joining the IoT team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things (IoT) by developing innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of devices together. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low power electronics, low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all aspects of data science.
Who you are
- MSc or PhD degree in computer science or electrical engineering or equivalent through experience.
- With a MSc, 5+ years of working experience is required. If you hold a PhD, 2 years.
- You have relevant hands-on experience in machine learning, signal processing algorithm development.
- Solid understanding of statistical performance metrics, generic signal processing and machine learning tools.
You understand the full system deployment and its practical challenges, i.e. the sensor device-to-cloud data chain.
- You know a variety of sensing modalities (e.g. electro-optical, radar, electrochemical) and end-to-end data exploitation techniques (e.g. signal processing, estimation/classification, machine learning) is required.
- A good understanding of state-of-the-art algorithms, particularly in the fields of time-series analysis, multivariate analysis, estimation/classification (detection) theory and neural networks.
- Experience with transferring research results into development.
- You have a proven track record in multi-disciplinary projects in software and algorithm design.
- Experience in programming tools MATLAB, R, Python (must).
- Knowledge of Java/JS and C/C++ (plus).
- Knowledge in working with prevalent NoSql (e.g., MongoDB) and SQL DBs (must).
- Experience with state-of-the-art cloud services e.g., Google GCP, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure(plus).
- You have excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- You are a flexible team player, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- You take responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, simulations, testing and debugging, including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.
Vacature detailsSolliciteer nu