Who we are:
byFlow is an innovative family business, founded in 2015 and now the worldwide market leader in 3D Food Printing. We are in the top 20 of most challenging, innovative and fast-growing companies in The Netherlands (FoodTech500). We work together with various Food Multinationals from the top 10 globally, but also with Universities and Colleges, and of course our valued customers: (Michelin) chefs, top chocolatiers, Pastry Chefs and Caterers. Through these collaborations, we make the new tools for the kitchens of tomorrow.
Creativity, independence and hard work are important core values of us. byFlow is growing fast and the team now consists of 10 professionals. Everyone is responsible for what he or she is best at. From designer to technologist, all talents bring together byFlow to the next phase of the company, achieving its mission: to change the way food is prepared and experienced, with the aim of contributing to a healthier and more sustainable world.
We design and develop our own Hardware, Electronics and Software, using the latest methods. The (foldable) 3D Food Printers are assembled at our partner VDL, a large conglomerate of High-Tech companies from the Brainport region.
Your duties and responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the mechanical design and development of new 3D Food Printers: from idea to concept, from prototype to production-ready;
- For this you are able to translate main requirements into detailed requirements for the new products and subsystems;
- When designing new products, you are responsible for “design for (mass) manufacturing and assembly”. You identify possible risks and are able to take appropriate measures;
- You work closely with a multidisciplinary team and regularly coordinate your concepts and those of your colleagues;
- You measure, test and assess the feasibility of your concepts, you are able to make cost calculations, analyze tolerances and make structural mechanical calculations and simulations;
- You like to quickly translate your idea or concepts into a workable prototype or a test set-up. You have the knowledge to produce such a prototype yourself, of course with the help of the available machines and resources in the byFlow workshop;
- You maintain contact with suppliers, to test the feasibility of your concepts and you involve suppliers in making well-founded choices for the “Design for (mass) manufacturing and assembly”.
- A very cool & new product to work on, what this product is will be kept secret for a while;
- With of course a good salary in line with the market, and a travel allowance;
- Collaboration with an international top team of motivated talents;
- A workplace with room for innovation and creativity, possibly also for your own projects;
- Freedom and responsibility. In consultation it is partly possible to work from home;
- Energetic start-up mentality;
- Coaching in your personal and professional growth;
- A cozy office on the smartest square kilometer of Europe;
- Regular fun joint activities.
As an ambitious and technically focused family business, we work on innovative solutions every day. That sounds cliché, but feel free to come and have a look and experience. We are therefore looking for a clever and talented Mechatronics/Mechanical Engineer who is looking forward to a tasty challenge. You do not have to have a lot of experience, but you are a go-getter with a passion for what you do.
- A Bachelor or Master degree in Mechatronics (Mechanical) engineering, Industrial Design or related technical study;
- Knowledge and demonstrable (work) experience of 3D Modeling software (CadCam), such as Solidworks and Autodesk Inventor;
- (Basic) knowledge and experience with designing electronics and software (Eagle, C ++ / Arduino);
- An initiative- and result-oriented attitude, and you are a flexible person who gets energy from an innovative and dynamic environment;
- (Little) experience with 3D Printing is a plus.
- Communication skills in Dutch and English.
Can you identify yourself with the mission of byFlow and this role? Respond with your resume and a catchy motivation letter, mail or video and let CEO Nina Hoff know why you are the person for this job! Closing date 15th of August 2020.
T: +31 (0)6 13 66 4952