At TomTom, you are in a unique position to advance and to impact the future of autonomous driving. TomTom enables autonomous driving by developing high definition maps, software and services. We are looking for an automotive system architect to help us with the definition of map application reference architectures and related end-to-end driving automation usage scenarios.
As a system architect, you will be closely working with product management, product owners, map and software architects, and engineers.
Here is a taste of your challenges:
- Define the architecture of an in-vehicle reference system for validating TomTom driving automation technologies.
Important examples of these technologies are TomTom AutoStream map delivery and TomTom RoadDNA based vehicle localization.
- Technical lead the realization of this in-vehicle reference system.
- Represent TomTom in standardization working groups such as for example the ADASIS working group that develops the ADASIS V3 standard.
- Define map application reference architectures based on insights from automotive customer engagements. These architectures cover both the vehicle and the cloud.
- Determine related end-to-end driving automation usage scenarios.
- Document reference architectures and usage scenarios in self-contained documents meant for sharing with automotive customers.
- Support product managers and business developers in responding to request for quotes from automotive customers.
What We Expect From You
- Background in automotive system and software development, e.g. vehicle navigation and advanced driver assistance systems.
- Familiarity with automotive standards (e.g. CAN, ADASIS, and ISO26262) as well as navigation related standards (e.g. NDS and TPEG) is regarded an advantage.
- Experience as system architect in agile and multi-disciplinary projects.
- Excellent communication skills; Ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical people, as well as internal and external stakeholders. Ability to document and present complex topics clearly and concisely.
- Eagerness to learn a lot of new things and continuously improve your skills
- Willingness to travel
What you can expect from us
- Excellent & enthusiastic teams and a very positive work atmosphere in an open, friendly environment where creativity is key.
- An interesting job in a world-class company promoting innovative and modern technologies
- An opportunity to work in self-organized teams with highly motivated professionals in a challenging and fast-moving work environment, keeping you engaged
- Take ownership of, and pride in what we do and achieve.
- Mingle at events. You’re invited to our famous Summer Fest, Autonomous Driving Summits and Roadmap Days.
- Get rewarded. From Performance to Patent Inventory bonuses, we have you covered
- Settle in smoothly. Our teams will make your move to Eindhoven a seamless experience
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process
TomTom created the easy-to-use navigation device, one of the most influential inventions of all time.
Since then, our software and navigation technologies have been powering over hundreds of millions of applications across the globe. From industry-leading location-based products and mapmaking technologies, to embedded automotive navigation solutions; innovative personal navigation devices and apps to advanced telematics fleet management and connected car services. We continue to shape the future, leading the way with autonomous driving, smart mobility and smarter cities. www.tomtom.com